My friend Anne Marie has this totally cool lamp. And I happen to love it.
I own nothing this cool. But I have a camera that captures my friend’s cool stuff. So it’s OK.
I’m trying really hard to actually believe in the title of this post. But when you’ve been having first-day-of-school jitters, buying textbooks, figuring out a class schedule, and getting so excited to see all of your friends every year for the past NINETEEN, it’s just weird. I think I’m getting a little used to it – but that probably has to do with the fact that I’m kind of making money. That always helps.
So I thought I would put together a little list - and this list is called:
SIGNS THAT YOU ARE GROWING UP
Yeah that’s right. And here we go.
(1) I worked three jobs in one day. You heard me – three. The first was a saxophone masterclass at a high school, the second my internship at BuildASign (which is now finished!), and thirdly, I worked at UT in CoFA (College of Fine Arts – you will hear of this often). It was crazy – and slightly exhausting. Oh, and can’t forget that night, when I sang at a jam session (although that could not be further from “work” in its negative connotation). Crazy day. (In other news, I’m pretty sure it is punctuationally – THAT’S RIGHT – incorrect to put the period AFTER the parentheses at the end of a sentence. However, I think that when you parenthesize at the end of a sentence, that looks silly. Therefore, I refuse to do it. Ever).
(2) I remembered to buy toilet paper before it was a crisis.
(3) Clothes. Yeah, that’s right – I know that I am growing up because I dress up everyday. And, although I feel like I outgrew this habit awhile ago, there is no more going anywhere in PJ’s/sweats. Remember those days? The days where you rolled out of bed 10 minutes before class started and put on a hat? I sure do. Although, one time my undergrad music theory teacher told me a looked “like a homeless person”. I’m completely serious. And nowadays, I don’t think anyone wants a homeless person teaching their students how to play the saxophone. On a street corner. With the case open for tips.
(4) I have curtains. And not just any curtains – awesome, IKEA, boldly-patterned curtain panels. They are kick ass – and my living room looks rad because of them. Check it.
(5) I have a blog. You may have noticed this. Why does this mean that I am growing up? Because I don’t get to see people every day and pontificate about things I love/hate/laugh at/want/am interested in. Isn’t that what blogging is all about? I mean, I hope people read it, but really – I’m pontificating.
(6) I reopened a Savings Account. Did you know that when your Savings Account has $0.00 in it for a looooong time that they close it? Sassy.
(7) I’m working on a website! I hope it turns out really awesome, but if anyone has any suggestions about websites/buying domain names/etc., please let me know. Also, be thinking about what the site should actually be. Although I like lizlovemusic(dot)com, I feel like we can get more creative here, people.
(8) I dust things.
So I think that about covers it. Adulthood = awesome, annoying, responsiblicious, and inevitable. Who could ask for anything more?